- Aditional information
The choice of the use of cork in ikimobile equipment is based on 3 factors that we consider essential in our sustainability policies.
Industrial process 100% natural, characteristics that guarantee the excellence quality in what is produced and a positive impact on the forest of cork oak. 100% natural industrial process:
Characteristics that guarantee the excellence quality in what is produced:
- For the production of cork components only this raw material is used without the introduction of non-natural products;
- Absence of additives, agglomeration carried out using its own resins (suberin)
- 90% of consumption is biomass (waste of its own industrial process)
- The waste of the industrial process is 100% reusable (cork + powder granules)
Positive impact on the forest and the environment:
- High dimensional stability, supporting large thermal variations
- In the event of fire, cork does not release toxic gases.
- Unlimited durability, keeping the technical characteristics (official tests prove 45 and 50 years)
- After use it is fully recycled and used again in construction applications.
- Supports temperatures between: (-) 180ºC and (+) 120ºC.
- 100% natural product.
- Very low energy built in.
- Negative Carbon.
- High dimensional stability
- Thermal, acoustic and anti-vibration insulation at the same time
- Promotes thermal delay
- Practically unlimited durability, maintaining technical characteristics
- Compressive strength (good mechanical properties)
- Does not react to chemical agents
- 100% Recyclable and Reusable in other applications
- Important in maintaining biodiversity (unique in Europe).
- Portuguese forest (cork oaks) summers of 5 million tons CO2 per year.
- Total area (Portugal) 735,000 hectares
- Cork trees produce cork every 9 years (renewable raw material).
- It prevents desertification of the soil. > Set the population in the work of the mount, prevent population desertification